Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beautiful Recyclables

Looking for a quick project to spruce up your décor? Before you toss that tin can into the recycling bin think again! You can turn that old can into a beautiful vase. Yes, really, a vase. Give it a really good scrub (preferably with your eco-friendly soap) and peel off the label. If you're lucky like me, you can even recycle that old label. Make sure you scrub off all of the excess glue and give your can a rub down with a cloth towel; just be careful of any sharp edges. You can use your favorite color string/ribbon or choose a color that matches the rest of your décor. Wrap the ribbon around the can several times and tie it off. I prefer to knot it and then cut of the excess so it doesn't dangle. Add a little water to the inside of your can and finish it off with your favorite flowers. Easy, cheap and pretty. 


Daily Greens:
"An estimated 80,000,000 Hershey's Kisses are wrapped each day, using enough aluminum foil to cover over 50 acres of space -- that's almost 40 football fields. All that foil is recyclable, but not many people realize it."

16 comments:

  1. Cute! And I had no idea about the foil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! i had no idea about the kisses.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to recycle. I always recycle foil too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to find another blogger that is concerned with the environment. Have you checked out the Shaklee products that I am representing - sounds right up your alley. Here's a link to my online shop:
    http://designingdomesticity.myshaklee.com/us/en/
    take a look around and let me know if you have any questions!
    Stopping by from the blog hop - am your newest follower!!!
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that Kisses foil was recylable. That is pretty cool. Those flowers look beautiful in that can. Thanks for sharing a great idea.

    I am visiting from the Weekend blog hop. I hope you have a great holiday weekend.

    Blessings,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I am a new follower from a hop! Please visit me and follow back! Thanks! Debbie

    http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea! And I really love your blog, I will sure check it out more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine...am a new follower.

    Love this idea. Admit I had no idea Hershey's foil was recyclable. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the follow from SSS! Following back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute idea!

    Stopping by from the Sunday Funday Hop!

    ~your newest follower

    You can find me at www.theclumsycoquette.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea~Much better then buying a pot for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea!!! I'll have to try this!

    Thanks for the follow! Following you back now! :)

    http://whatthesemommiesthink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I am your new follower from Stalker Sunday! I would be delighted if you can join
    Kids e-Connection blog. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty!

    Thanks a lot for your visit and comment, now following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool craft and great thought about the aluminum!

    Hop'in by from 'Sit and Relax Weekend Blog Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice! Already following. Lovely blog! =)

    ReplyDelete

 

Babycakes Crunchy Momma | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012