Friday, July 13, 2012

Meet my Babycakes!

This post has been long, long overdue! My beautiful little babycakes was born in May of 2012 and boy did my life change! I'm not going to post my birth story at this moment, as it was long and slightly traumatic but maybe one day I will. As much as you prepare for it, you can never be fully prepared for life with your first child! My beautiful little baby girl was only 6lb. 1oz at birth and 20 inches long. I may be slightly biased but I think she is the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen!
I am trying to resurrect my blog as I have been very, very neglectful in past months but it is very difficult to find time to post when you have a baby who doesn't nap. That's right, she is not a sleeper. Lots of newborns sleep all day and seem to almost never be awake. Not my babycakes. Even at a week old she would stay awake for hours at a time, take a short nap, be awake for hours, and so on and so on. Although her sleeping habits leave me exhausted, I'm loving every minute of my life with my baby girl!
When I have the chance, I will be blogging about life with babycakes, different recipes to try and even some DIY projects I'll be taking on. Until then, here are some looks at my little babycakes newborn photo session. These were taken at 6 days old.


Isn't she beautiful?! Love, love, love my little babycakes!

7 comments:

  1. omgoodness she is so cute. I found you on the blog hop! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is GORGEOUS!!!

    Walking through the blog walk and I am so glad to see this picture of your babycakes! Snuggle her tight for me today- they grow so fast! (my oldest little girl is nine, and my baby is 20 months!)\

    Emily
    www.weakandloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your baby is such a doll!! Congrats! I found you via the Weekend Blog Walk and am happy to be your newest (and 200th!) follower! I'd love a visit back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable Shay! Give her a bear hug for me. Found you on the Weekend Walk and now follow. Have a great weekend!
    http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful! And those pictures - how fabulous - the poses are just perfect. A talented photographer, but she had a gorgeous girl to work with!
    found you on the friendly followers hop. I'm following now on gfc and I look forward to your blog getting back up and running again in between your diaper changes and cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. Following back.
    Thanks,
    Iva
    One Chic Mom

    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous photos! she's precious!

    http://chixnuggetsandcookiebutts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

Babycakes Crunchy Momma | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012