Monday, April 29, 2013

Tu-Tu Cute!

Babycakes has her 1st birthday cake smash photos coming up in just over a week. It’s crazy, I can’t believe it and she’s growing up too fast. I’ve thought long and hard about what I woud like her to wear and I’ve decided on a tutu. What could be sweeter than a baby girl in a tutu? Um, nothing. Not even the cake she’s going to smash.

So, tutu. I’m not sure if you’ve been shopping around for tutu’s lately but if you have, you know they’re quite the pretty penny. By all means, they are not cheap. I’ve searched Etsy for hours looking for the perfect tutu. Some are priced reasonably around $20 (before shipping) but I’ve seen some upwards of $50! As a SAHM, I’m not in the position to pay $50 for a tutu. No way, no how. Even $20 seemed like a little much to me since it would actually be more because I would need it shipped. Just when I thought I may need to stick with just a (cloth) diaper for the cake smash I found the perfect solution on Pinterest.
Pinterest is great for everything. It’s the women’s version of ductape. Seriously. Need a recipe? Pinterest. Searching for a natural cleaning solution for your shower? Pinterest. Need a new activity to try with your child? Pinterest. I think you get the point, now that I’m way off topic.
So I was searching Pinterest and I found an awesome DIY tu-tu-torial. I modified mine slightly because the tutuorial was made for her 3 month old baby. Now, I’ve never made a tutu before and let me tell you, it was easy as pie. Actually, easier since pies are semi-complicated to make. Making a tutu is as easy as counting to 2 in your language of choice.
Here’s the finished product:
tutu

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babycakes Crunchy Momma | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012